Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Swallow Your Pride

The most valuable lessons we learn in life are not always the easiest. Learning to swallow your pride and grow from a situation takes discipline and a humility that not everyone is able to attain. I love the saying “God loves to mold us, but He’ll chisel if He must.” This rings so true in our lives by the way God is constantly molding us to become the person we are called to be, but when we face something about ourselves that needs to be drastically changed, God will chisel away at us. It hurts, it’s painful, it’s not something enjoyable, but at the end of the day you know it’s for the better.

I’ve faced a range of emotions in this season of my life. I’m changing and God is the one changing me. He’s chiseling away and I’m enduring and persevering because that’s what God has called me to do. I don’t want to be stuck in one way of doing things and not willing to waver from learned behaviors. I have to unlearn and then relearn. Rather than focus on the negative aspects and the things that would bring me down, I’m focusing on the future and focusing on where God is leading me.

When we are incapable of learning and growing we are incapable of leading. Our leadership is limited by our willingness to change and grow; if we are not growing we are dying.

No comments:

Post a Comment