Monday, June 21, 2010

Engagment

October 30, 2009 at 10:30pm, after frantically re-planning and stressfully reconfiguring his plan, Vince Bautista got down on one knee and asked me to marry him! Unbeknown to me of the trying moments just before the proposal, tears of joy streamed down my face as pure happiness and ecstatic joy reverberated throughout my entire being.

We were at the Masquerade Ball at Crossroads that night. I was enjoying my time dancing and laughing, but frustrated that my boyfriend was not with me at all. I saw him in little intervals as he was passing by. I couldn't understand it. Of course, later I found out that he was preparing to propose and my dancing and refusal to leave the dance floor was the result of his frustration and frantic demeanor. I almost ruined my own engagement without even knowing it!

So as I was getting frustrated at him for not being with me that night, he was growing even more anxious as the moment of his planned proposal time grew closer and closer.

Getting engaged for me was something I dreamed about. I had played so many different scenarios in my mind of what I possibly wanted to happen. The night I was actually proposed to, all those scenarios and countless hours dreaming of the day were but a flash of light in time. Vince proposing to me was the most wonderful and romantic proposal I ever could have asked for or dreamed of.

It was a perfect proposal. So much better than those fairy tale proposals in those cheesy romantic movies! Mine was real.


1 comment: